- #: 36680
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2009-03-23
- Current Version: 1.3
- Size: 3.60 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brainium Studios LLC
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.0 or later
- © 2008 Brainium Studios
Add to Favorite apps
★ On Sale: 80% Off! ★Pente is a fun and challenging board game where two players battle each other by placing opposing stones at free intersections of the board. The objective of the game is to place five stones in a row horizontally, vertically, or…..
What's New in Version 1.3
We've listened to your feedback and have added a couple of very exciting modes to the game:
- Tournament Rule: With this rule enabled, the starting player's second move is restricted and must be at least 3 intersections away from the center of the board.
- Gomoku Mode: Gomoku also known as five in a row has the same rules as Pente
without the capture.
- Switch to turn off Sounds
- We've added a beautiful animated halo indicator to let you pinpoint your next moves coordinates even more accurately than before. Your opponents moves are also marked by this indicator.
- And lastly an option to enable a simpler Classic Board theme due to popular demand
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Lovely interface but MAKES THE SAME MOVES EVERY SINGLE TIME!
I gave it a 1 star to try and lower the overall score, which does not deserve 3-1/2 stars.
The software's only value is as a curiosity or a way to pass a few minutes if you are totally board, and stuck in a line. Serious users, or those who spend some time with it will quickly run into the softwares limitations.
It does work somewhat well as a portable Pente board for you to play another human with. However, the board is MINIATURE, and you may run out of space. Several times I have lost my advantage after running into the edge of the smaller 12x12 board.
I did NOT find the computer too slow on HARD. It takes but a few moments for it to go through the hundreds of permutations and is certainly much faster than me!
What I discovered is that EASY is not easy at all!!! In fact, it is even smarter than HARD. However, it randomly throws matches (even if you are getting killed) by suddenly not blocking your threat, and trying stupidly to race you to 5 in a row. It's kind of dumb, as not even a poor human opponent will do this (once they realize a 3 must be blocked). The HARD setting does this much less, but the logic is more easily defeated. So, HARD is actually less difficult to beat than EASY with the exception that it less often throws a match.
What you will definitely find, is that for any given level of difficulty, and any given opening strategy, the computer will ALWAYS use the same moves. This gets old very quickly!
To the developer:
1. Get rid of the 'gee, you have 3, let me make 3 and try to race you to 5' logical error (EASY is like playing a super genius who makes an occasional stupid move).
2. Make the board legal size
3. Add variation to the computer's response, even if only for the opening.
A little more work, and this could be a really great game.
Good game with great presentation, but easy mode is far too difficult.
Flat out awsome game
Pente has been around for generations, it's wonderfull that such a well made app is here to be played. Most people have never of pente and the people who don't like aspects of the game or think it's too hard just don't know any better. It's a pure game of skill that anyone can play it just takes time to learn. Well worth the bucks.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Pente» applications
Pente is a fun and challenging board game where two players battle each other by placing opposing stones at free intersections of the board. The objective of the game is to place five stones in a row… [more..]
Price: free |
Pent.no Hvem gir penest vær av yr og storm?Væretjenesten pent.no sammenligner været fra yr.no og Storm. Nøkkelfunksjoner:- værmelding fra yr.no og Storm- 5-dagers varsel og timevarsel- nyheter om… [more..]
Price: free |
Pente Live lets you play turn-based games at your beloved pente.org. No longer are you bound your computer to play pente versus other players. This app supports *all* games available at pente.org… [more..]
Price: free |
Mr. and Mrs. Robby lives in this pent house for the past 2 years. Both were working in different locations of the city. Since they had single key for the door, they use to always lock the door and… [more..]
Price: free |
View all related to: Pente applications